Thursday, August 11, 2005

Reporter

So I was watching T.V. tonight and there was a tribute to Peter Jennings on. It was a really cool show and I really respect him a lot. But, some thing stood out to me. It was the title, which the viewer was reminded of every 15 minutes by the guy with a cool voice. The title was short, simple, and telling- Peter Jennings-Reporter. That was it, and it occurred to me they had one word and one word only to describe this man’s 67 years here on earth, and the word that they came up with was reporter. Now there are certainly many worse words to describe ones life, but at the same time it is really sad to think that his whole life was wrapped up in that title, wrapped up in his work. So that got me thinking what is the one word that describes my life. When it is all said and done what will be my one word description: husband, son, leader, follower, Christian, jerk, liar, or worse? I’m not sure what the word would be right now, and even if I had one it wouldn’t be fair for me to pick it. But, I know some things I don’t want it to be. I don’t want it to be about my job, I love my job, but my life is so much more than work. I don’t want it to be about my wealth, money is temporary. I don’t want it to be about my looks, looks fade like my hair line. I don’t want it to be about my hobbies, they are kinda boring anyway. So what do I want that one word to be? I guess I will spend the rest of my life figuring that out. Because the word comes from how we live not what we say. It comes from putting our faith into action, its that simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home